You are not alone if you are feeling overwhelmed by the myriad aspects of digital marketing companies in Sydney. You are probably experiencing that treadmill feeling of constantly needing to churn out content, get more newsletter subscriptions, increase traffic to your website, convert the traffic into leads, convert the leads into sales and repeat.
If this is true, it is a good time to take a step back and evaluate the bigger picture and review your overall marketing goals and strategies. Here are four steps you can take to commence the process.
- Conduct A SWOT Analysis
Use this dependable tool to kickstart the analysis of your current situation.
- Strengths: What do you do well or better than your competitors? What gives you the edge?
- Weaknesses: Conduct a realistic assessment of the problem areas in your business, including people, procedures, processes, systems and resources. What puts you at a disadvantage?
- Opportunities: Identifying areas into which you could grow your business. Look at trends and identify gaps in the market. What parts of the market can you exploit to expand your business?
- Threats: What are the factors that negatively impact your business? Take an honest look internally at people, processes, systems and resources. Then ascertain the external factors such as what your competitors are doing better than you. What can cause trouble for your business?
- Set Digital Marketing Goals
Based on the results of your SWOT analysis, a set of goals can be produced. Here it will be important to focus on specifics. For example, instead of setting your goal as “increasing website traffic,” rather be precise, like “obtain 5000 visits to our website every month by doing the following…”
- Establish Your Digital Tactics
Decide what tactics best suit the goals that you set in step 2. Knowing your audience will assist in choosing the most productive channels and methods used. For example, newsletters, email campaigns, social media posts, paid advertising, blogs, special offers or promotions.
- Review The Results And Refine The Plan
As time passes, it is vital to review how successful your marketing strategies and tactics have been. Measure the measurables and establish if they worked as anticipated. This will supply insights to fine-tune your plan.