There has been a lot of seriousness circulating through our communication channels, so let’s take a ‘time out’ and play with some interesting facts. Take a break from hardcore strategising about your Sydney business and let the little grey cells be distracted by internet marketing fun facts. It might give your inspiration a reset and result in a productive afternoon!
To that end, here are some fun facts you may or may not know about internet marketing:
- The average person has an attention span of 8 seconds. No wonder specialists choose words for Google Adwords!
- 90% of searchers haven’t made up their mind about a brand before beginning a search. Your ad can make that conversion.
- Infographics are enjoyed by the public, to the tune of 300% more than other content.
- Pictures say 1000 words which is why content with good, appropriate imagery gets viewed up to 94% more.
- Brand awareness can be pumped up by 80% with search ads, and your website traffic can be pumped up by as much as 300% from display advertising. Very exciting figures.
- Here is a biggie: Did you know that search engines drive around 93% of all website traffic. That is phenomenal!
- On any regular day, 76% of people who search for something nearby on their mobile will visit a business related to this search. Even more exciting is that 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase. Kaching!
- We agree with this point: 65% of marketers say link building is the most difficult SEO tactic. This is exactly what makes it a good tool to fight your competitors if you are able to get it right.
- The highest and most consistent amount of traffic appears to be driven by content and copy titles with 6-13 words.
- Google is pumped with 77,000 searches every second – 2 trillion searches per year. That’s a lot of market opportunity!
- Emails are, nowadays, read predominantly on smartphones, not desktops. 88% more emails were opened on mobile devices.
- The first Tweet by Google was in 2009. It was “I’m Feeling Lucky” in binary code- the button next to the “search” button on the search engine.
- 60 percent of top international brands are on Instagram and actively post around 4.9 times per week.